Documents and Information Needed for a Mortgage
Below you will find a list of documents and information required to get a mortgage.
- Name, Address, telephone number, email (including co-borrower)
- Social Insurance Number – SIN
- Employer, job title and time you work with the company
- Previous Employer (if current employment less than 3 years)
- Age / date of birth
- Number of dependents (children, parents, disabled)
- Name and address of the bank you deal with
- Copy of photo identification such as driver’s license, passport or other government ID.
- Credit score. When you fill out home mortgage application you give lenders permission to check your credit score. Lenders cover this cost.
Assets and Liabilities Documents
- Proof of real estate, car, investments or other assets you own
- Documentation of loans such as credit cards, car loans, mortgages, student loans and other debts you must repay
Income Verification Documents
- Most recent pay stub or pay slip showing amount you earned this year.
- Letter of employment.
- Must be official from your company
- State length of employment, date of hire and position
- If you get paid hourly, than the letter must state hourly rate and hours you work per week
- If you get paid salary than the letter must state the amount you get annually (per year)
- T1 General Income Tax Form – most recent copy.
- Notice of Assessment [define] from most recent tax return to show if there are any taxes owed.
- Financial bank statements
Real Estate Property Documentation
- Specify type of mortgage (home mortgage, refinance, home equity, pre-approval, etc)
- Mortgage amount
- Mortgage term (5 years, 10 years, 15 years, etc)
- Interest Rates and Amortization [define]
- Property address and type (condo, house, townhouse, etc)
- Details of existing mortgages on the property you want to purchase (must be obtained for the seller)
Mortgage interest rates are subject to change without notice. We attempt to maintain accuracy on our website, however, mortgage information on this website should be used only as a guideline.